Monday, June 7, 2010

Wellesley in Israel

Just came back from my 10 year reunion weekend at Wellesley College.  What an inspirational, intellectually challenging, affirming group of women - best friends, really.  158 of my 599 classmates were there, along with members of every class on a five year cycle (2005, 1995, 1990, all the way back to 1935 - there were two 97 year old Wellesley women there to celebrate with us!)

It is a small college, but Wellesley alums are all over the world doing incredible things, from new cancer drug marketing, to geologic oil drilling science, to international criminal justice in the Hague, to stay at home moms and mental health counselors, every one of these women is exceptionally interesting.

I dropped in on the campus Center for Work and Service to see what resources they had, and ended up speaking with an Israeli-American career counselor, with helpful tips and resources for filling my professional time in Israel.  Then I ran into one of my old contacts there who shared that Wellesley is increasing summer intership opportunities and I may be able to help them increase their presence in Israel.  Between this, and my hope to spend some time working for and learning from local sustainability experts, this could turn out to be better than I ever imagined. 

No comments:

Post a Comment